Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Shellie!


I was so busy yesterday that I did not have time to with Shellie a Happy Birthday. She was born over three decades ago and while the exact year is elusive to me, the fond wishes for birthday wishes are part of my day today--even though it is one day late.
Would all bloggers please describe Shellie in TWO WORDS and place them in the comment section? Please, no hyphenated words ending with "out", "up", "landish", "the-hill", or"ish". I would encourage words that are positive, uplifting, have to do with puppies or kittens or scrapbooking. Let's all make this special for her, shall we?
Here is my two-word definition of Shellie: Likes puppies!
There is a little story behind this. When she had a combined party for her girls, I bought a five pound bag of dog food to make Shellie think that we were buying the girls a dog. She had three words for me (We can save them until July 15) but two of them were "no" and "way". At least that was the message that I got, anyway. The third word was more of an unspoken glare.
Happy Thirty-whatever Birthday, Shellie! You are one great daughter and we all love you!

6 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Thanks Carl. I am pretty great, I must agree.

Carlos said...

No greater than I am! And now you know how hard it is for us to develop humility as a trait. I have mastered it, but as soon as I get it down I usually injure my shoulder patting myself on the back. How we suffer!

Courtney said...

How come you didn't do this for Nathan? and his card was 2 weeks late!

Carlos said...

He is not as sensitive as Shellie.

robyn said...

happy bithday shellie
two words: DA BOMB!

Aubrey said...

Shellie, I know it was difficult for you to not comment on the "with Shellie a Happy Birthday". You are making great strides. Mazel tov!