Cameron is coaching Nathan's soccer team this fall and this is the email he sent out to all of the parents. Does anyone notice something wrong with it?
Hi,
I am Cameron Carter and I will be your son's soccer coach this year! My son Nathan is my oldest, and although he played ASUSC last year, I am a 1st year coach and a volunteer so I will definitely appreciate your patience as we get started. I am really looking forward to coaching, and I believe we will all have lots of fun together this season! In addition to this email, I will try to call each of you in the next few days or so to talk about this season and answer any questions you may have - I know you probably have a lot of them, and I will do my best to have or get answers for you.
I attended a coaches meeting last week, but I was provided with only very limited details to many of the questions you probably have. ASUSC notified me today that our roster is now finalized, and I have been given the go ahead to contact you all. I will address a few things that may be on your mind, and please let me know if you have any other questions and I will get answers out as soon as possible. Here goes -
Games - Games start on Saturday, ********************. I have not been given the time for this game yet nor do I have the schedule for the rest of the season, but I promise I will send this information out just as soon as it is available.
Practices - We have not yet been assigned a permanent practice location and time. Our first practice will be ************************** If that link doesn't work, google it, and you will get a good map. If you park on ***************, and enter the park, there is a baseball backstop near the cul-de-sac. We will meet there and get started. We can set a permanent day and time after this first practice.
Equipment - Every player must have shin guards in order to practice and to play in each game. I will be strict on this. Each player should also bring his own ball to practice. Cleats are optional, but if worn, cannot be of the metal variety - I don't anticipate this becoming an issue for our 5-yr olds.
Water - These kids will play hard and get thirsty. Players should bring their own water for practice and games, and not share between players.
Uniforms - I have them and they look sharp. They are light blue and we will hand them out at the first practice on Thursday.
Assistant Coaches/ Volunteers - I welcome your help. Please shoot me an email and let me know if you might be interested.
Rules and Policies - There are lots of them. We will review the basics of the ASUSC policies with parents and players at the first practice and go from there.
I am sure that I have left something out (if not a lot of things). Please let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me via this email through my wifer Robyn, or call me at home at ***-***-****. I look forward to meeting with you all on Thursday.
Thank you!
Cameron Carter
(Is it just me or does wifer sound alot like heifer?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Maybe he is secretly planning on buying you a Lexus for Christmas.
Go ahead needs a hyphen.
That's funny.
Post a Comment