Thursday, April 01, 2010

Archers!

In the battle for spring, out come my archers! No, not the bow and arrow kind-
but dandy little yellow flowers on long stems that stand up tall to defy the vestige of the cold winter-
and reach for the sun as if to be the first one to drink in warmth.
At night, they droop lazily.
In the morning sun , they arch straight up with sentinal-like precision--holding fast their guard.

Their duty is solely to delight my spirit and give me hope through the joy they provide.
The sad thing is that I reap their visual beauty and harvest the joy they provide
but I cannot even remember their names.
I hope that I am not that ignorant of real people who have blessed my life without the expectation of gratitude.

I should make a list of them.
Not just now, though, perhaps later.
For the moment, I have a staring problem for these unnamed little yellow flowers in my yard.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: