Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jesterz Freebie

For those of you who haven't seen the Jesterz, they're a comedy troupe at Theater 168, an improv/comedy club owned by an LDS couple, located at Scottsdale Rd. & McDowell. It's a really fun, clean comedy show and if any of you can attend, there is a free student showcase this Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

This is the info that was in the email they sent me:

Student Showcase
Thursday - January 25 - 7:30
Student Showcase - Improv 201 - advanced students in the jester'z "Performance Prep" class, are putting on a showcase and we need an audience. This is the 1st of 4 showcases that this class will perform in over the next 12 weeks.
Come enjoy 60 minutes of hilarity with the up & comers of Theater 168. No reservations are necessary. We begin seating at 7:20. Theater 168 is located at 7117 E. McDowell Rd. Scottsdale 85257
Admission for ALL ages: FREE


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard about this. An LDS lady at my work saw the show and brought in a flyer for me.

I looked at the flyer and saw that it is owned by Jef Rawls and his wife. Jef's family spent some time in our ward in Glendale. He and I were in the same deacons and teachers quorum together. Also, Chad Palmer's wife, Kim, was part of this comedy group at one time. Small world, huh!

Check out his profile:

http://www.theater168.com/player-jef2.htm

It would be fun to get a group of us together to see a show.

Courtney said...

It is pretty funny...and I do know "Jef with one f" Rawls. For some reason I have a hard time picturing Chad's wife in it. Does Chad still have his fabio hair?

Carlos said...

Let's go!

Cameron said...

I don't remember this Jeff Rawls kid. Was he the one that kept cheetos in his sleeping bag?

It has been a few years since I have been to this comedy club, but I do remember that it is clean and funny.

Aubrey said...

Did anyone go? Yes? No?

Courtney said...

We didn't, but it would have been fun.

Courtney said...

We didn't, but it would have been fun.