Friday, February 16, 2007

Hey, Len! Where you been?


I got a nice post card from an old friend the other day. Len Tuckwillow is doing well up on the Oregon coast where he goes out each day, collects some sand-sanded pieces of driftwood and makes them into small baskets. They are actually available from a number of catalogs--and we seem to get a lot of them. I am thinking of making a catalog basket and sending it to Len. If you are interested, leave me out of it. Please.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Len did some wonderful driftwood sculpting in his time.

Scrap Happy said...

Is it funny that his name is "Tuckwillow" when that's actually his hobby, too? Tucking willows? Hmmm.....

Aubrey said...

I bet he changed his name to match his profession. At first it was Chesterfield, then he changed it to Taylor but the pay didn't suffice so he went for Tuckwillow.

Anonymous said...

These are fakes! The pictured products show some type of human crafting. Len's products were unique in that he just found driftwood on the beach that looked like stuff.

Sorry to burst your bubble!