
It was the cinco de mayo de 2007.
The mariachi band sounded like heaven.
Then, I got this crazy idea that it would be a great idea to see if I could sing along with the mariachi band and they allowed me to sing Cu cu ru cu cu Paloma. What a rush! The trumpet, the guitars, the violins and even the big old fat guitarron doing the bass thing. When I was done, there was a polite pause and I ran out of the area not moving my arms.
It was not exactly as I had envisioned it, but it was fun...too bad the rest of my family were at the face painting booth and missed it. Another time and the planets will align, the conditions will be right and I will do it again--this time for PAY!
5 comments:
I wish I could have been able to see it! That is two major performances I have missed:
1. the "slapdance"
2. Cu cu ru cu cu with real mariachis
we were all inside at the bake sale, you should have sent someone a text and believe me we all would have come running!!!
It all happened so suddenly. There I was trying to act coy for about two seconds and then running up to the stage with my adoring fans clapping wildly. What could I do but sing, sing, sing like the wind? I had no time to react! It was either take the 3.5 minutes of fame or forever hold this on my list of "100 things to do before I really embarass everyone who knows me" things to do.
I am with Robyn, we all would have come a runnin.
Hey, what was the Cu cu ru cu cu at Gardunios in Albuquerque, chopped liver? Sounds like your planets have alighned more than once buddy!
Either than or you are a serial cu cu ru cu cuer...
Post a Comment