
Now that the Independence Day celebrations are over we can turn our attention to July 15. It is a good day. Let all be reminded of the pain of one of my birthday parties of the past.
My mother invited my third cousin Bryon (Aunt Kippy's grandson) to my birthday party that year. I did not want him to come because he did not have a present for me. Mother won that arguement. I never liked Bryon much after that. First, he came and he was not even a close friend--even though he and I were roughly the same age. He could have done a lot more than he did. Looking back, it was probably a little hard for him...being about five years old.
Oh well, I got my stuff. In a day or two all the toys were broken and we went back to normal things.
Let's not let that happen again, eh?
5 comments:
poor third cousing byron
What's with the cow candle? Is that a not-so-subtle specific hint of what you want for your birthday? Or should we just stick to a basic "cow" theme? Maybe I can find a cow-print swimsuit for the beach... hmmm....
Are you also hinting for possible gifts? Something made out of leather? How bout some Omaha steaks? Perhaps homemade icecream? Maybe you're just saying that whatever you get, it will need more cow bell.
Anyone ever hear of a cash-cow? Sheesh!
Arent you the cash cow?
Post a Comment