Wednesday, April 15, 2009
There is something wrong!
In the Big Apple, we decided to attend the tea-party! How excited we were to see many people from all walks of life who appreciate the conservative and principled teachings of self-reliance. I felt motivated to be with a good crowd of honest citizens who have had quite enough with the tax-and-spend congress and administrations--of BOTH parties. I think we are ready to go in a different direction where things are on a more even track. We know that some tax is fair because we have to provide for the common defense and promote the general (not specific) welfare. This current system and the way we are headed is going to hurt a lot of people. First, they have too big of a hand in our personal business. The waste is way over the top! Imagine millions spent on stupid programs such as trying to find out why pigs smell. I already know the answer to that one--because they do not have good hygiene! After all, they are pigs. Now I find out that Al Sharpton owed $1.8 million in back taxes and cut a deal to only pay half of the money owing to the government. YOU BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS OUT THERE--COLLECT IT FROM HIM AND THE OTHER DEADBEATS IN THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION INSTEAD OF RAISING MY TAXES! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! IT IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY. THERE ARE MANY AMERICANS WHO FEEL THIS SAME WAY! STOP IT! IF ALL THESE DISHONEST POLITICIANS PAID THEIR FAIR SHARE THE BURDEN OF ALL WOULD BE LESS. THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO LIVE ON A BUDGET--IF WE CANNOT AFFORD IT, WE SHOULD NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON IT.
I can listen to an intellectually honest, deliberate debate on health care issues and some of the other programs--although I am not in favor of universal anything--except the opportunity to plan our own lives and live free from governmental interference. If they will leave me alone, I can spend my money better than they can. I can paint my home and employ several men for a week or more to earn a living for their families. They, in turn buy paint from manufacturers and groceries from merchants who also employ people and pay their bills. LEAVE US ALONE and we will do just fine. Whatever these men and women earn is their money and they should oversee their expenditures--not some freaky congressman/woman who never read the stinking bill they signed that obligated our grandkids to pay for a study on why pigs stink. I told you before, it was because they have very poor hygiene.
My dad was a poor man who earned a meager wage as a blue-collar, non-union worker. He paid his own way, too. He went without a whole lot of things to have what he wanted to have and never asked another man to carry his burden. He worked hard, but at the end of the day, he could look himself in the mirror and say that he was self-reliant and honest to the end of his life. He never could afford for any of his kids to go to school, but all who wanted to go found a way--flipping hamburgers or working days and attending evening classes. It took longer and was harder, but it did not hurt to do it that way.
I tell you, the tea party crowd was wonderfully behaved it was fun to see good people out on the street standing for something noble and uplifting: FREEDOM.
God bless America...she is on a very slippery slope right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
amen
You don't get it. We need these enlightened politicians to dole out the dole.
Edmund Burke said, "Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises; for never intending to go beyond promises, it costs nothing.”
The scary thing is that by making good upon panderous election promises, these politicians will cost us everything!
Ahmen. Or,amen.
Post a Comment