Friday, July 21, 2006

Survival Man 2006.


This weekend is probably the last chance we will have to get out of town before school starts. Aubrey and Emiliegh are going up to the cabin. Where will Drew and I be? That's a great question.

We will be surviving on our own in the forest, miles away from any civilization, and without any gear. We get dropped off Saturday morning and will hike back to the cabin on Sunday afternoon. The only thing I get to bring is a knife, a fishing pole, and some matches. This weekend I will be a mountain man. It seems that I shaved my beard a little too soon.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

I expect to see pictures of the shelter you build posted on here, as well as pictures of any rodents you kill and eat, so you may have to take along a camera.

Courtney said...

I thought you were going for 72 hours...one day? That's it? I could do that 9 mos. pregnant. Ok, not really.

Carlos said...

You wanna take my big Buck knife? That way if Drew fights you for a lizard, you can have a contents. Eat big before you go, take a rain poncho and a little light rope.

I am anxious to hear what you eat. We will be having steak.

robyn said...

Courtney - last time you tried this you ended up with a broken ankle! By the way - when are you going to have the baby?

robyn said...

ps. cameron posted that last comment logged in as me

Aubrey said...

Col will have to give you details about how it went, but I can tell you that they killed and ate a nice big lasagna.

Col said...

Mock if you must. When the worst comes... I will survive.

-Survival Man 2006
& Gloria Gaynor