Friday, January 12, 2007

M. A. Pollack

This guy is all over the place in the valley. If you haven't seen him check out this website.

I recently heard a rumor that he lived in the middle of a lake in Chandler. There are a few variations of this rumor, one claiming that the only way to and from his house is by helicopter. I decided to investigate. I pulled up Google Maps and browsed through the city of Chandler. I searched for all of the lakes... after all how many lakes can there be in Chandler (a lot). Then I found it. At least I think I found it. This has got to be it... that place is huge!

Check it out here.
Be sure to click on the satellite image.

From what I can tell the helicopter story is not true but it does look like there is some sort of drawbridge.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

I bet one of those buildings is a dollar theater.

Tiffany said...

Ding, ding, ding. Oakwood Hills- That's it. And, I think the "rumor" was that there is a heliopad on the property, not that it could only be accessed by heliocopter. But I could be making that up, I'm not sure. Any which way, the guy has some rockin hair, and clothes that blow Paris Hilton away.

Col said...

The Carter Family: making average rumors a little bit better.

Aubrey said...

I think that's definitely a heliopad at the rear of the property. Either that or tennis courts, but which sounds better to you?

robyn said...

the only reason I can think of for having a house in the middle of the lake with only one way in or one way out is if your hiding something. Or because it is really cool.

Carlos said...

I cannot respect a man that has a zipper on his boot. Nor one that opens his shirt down to his navel so as to sport the "gold chain that the little lady in calico" gave him.