Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To the chopper--quick!


This is not exactly what I had in mind when I sprang for the remote control helicopter. I was thinking more of sitting in my nice leather chair (the one in which Colman and Nathan often sit in when I am not at home) and directing the flying unit to go get stuff for me....the remote to the telly, a Butterfinger, a drink of cool beverage or something like that. Unfortunately, I allowed another person to figure this out and it had so many hard landings that we had to get out the bacon-strip band-aids to mend it.
I do not know if it works now or not. I am afraid to even tweak with it--knowing that I can fly this wounded bird into an object that would drain it of what life remains in it. I just may retire it like some of the othe choppers that I have replaced--courtesy my dentist.
So, for all you RC enthusiasts in the making, be very careful. It is like taking a couple of hard-earned twenties off that roll and tossing them carelessly in the air with that devil-may-care attitude and have someone rip you the heck off!
Oh, well, it was fun to watch them fly for a little while. Here pretty bird, come here and I will mend your wings and place you on a perch of honor to survey all that is good and noble in our little twisted world.

2 comments:

robyn said...

I do have to say they were very cool helicopters. On the bright side, we wont have to worry about Uncle Nathan running into the window anymore although that was worth the "couple of hard-earned twenties . . . toss(ed)carelessly in the air"

Aubrey said...

Carl, you SO don't post enough.