
Robert Boos
azcentral.com
Sept. 18, 2006 10:31 AM
"Avast, me hearties, and send up the flag!Lend a little swagger to your speech this Tuesday -- September 19 is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day." Aye, matie, it's true, if the legend according to their website is accurate. One summer day ten years ago, two scallywags from Oregon, John Baur and Mark Summers, were playing racquetball. And for reasons they don't even understand they began shouting their encouraging platitudes to each other in pirate-speak. Because, you know, pirates and racquetball go hand-in-hand. The banter was such jolly fun, the pair decided it needed it's own day of celebration. "
5 comments:
I heard someone call into a radio station today about this - his pirate voice wasn't very convincing, though.
the reason this article caught my eye is because I was flipping past wife swap last night and one of the wives was sent to a family of real pirates!
Shiver me timbers! You have lost your minds.
All this pirate talk gives me the Davies.
I saw this episode of wife swap and can I just tell you... THAT WAS SOME GOOD TV!
Post a Comment