Thursday, March 08, 2007

Everybody's doing it, so why shouldn't I?

100 Things About Shellie

1. I am a soccer mom with 2.7 kids and an SUV.
2. I love to clean and organize other people's houses, but tend to procrastinate working on my own.
3. I have a weakness for homemade cookies - the ones from the store can stay there.
4.I am the youngest of five children in my family. There are 17 years between my oldest brother and me. Mom once called me an "oops", and I'll never let her forget it.
5. I have been an aunt since I was 8 years old.
6. I refuse to buy expensive sunglasses. Or shoes, for that matter.
7. I was hit by a car when I was a teenager. I still remember how everything slowed down before it happened.
8. Ice cream needs to be crunchy. It definitely always needs nuts in it. As does peanut butter.
9. I love being in charge of things and making decisions, but hate being the center of attention.
10.I used to be a pretty good tennis player. The last time I played was when Nick and I were engaged. I won. I haven't played since.
11. I like who I am when I'm with my college friends.
12. I like simple meals, but NOT those that come from a box.
13. I wish I were a more patient mother.
14. I really like my toes. They're perfectly sized and shaped.
15. I have a very strong aversion to animals. I never want to have a pet.
16.I graduated with honors from Arizona State University with a journalism degree. At the time I was scared to enter the "real" world and have to find a "real"job.
17. My husband thinks his degree is better than mine because his says "Bachelor of Science" and mine says "Bachelor of Arts".
18.I have the tendency to get anxiety attacks in salt water. I'm not a snorkeler, and I'm not so comfortable with boogie boarding. I'll try again this summer, though.
19. If I could be in the Olympics, I would want to be a trampolinist.
20.I've always wanted to sing a Dixie Chicks song in public, even though I can'treally sing. It's odd, really, because I don't like groups of people looking at me.
21. My favorite movie of all time is Singin' in the Rain.
22. I would rather have pie or cheesecake than regular cake any day.
23. I really do think my husband is the funniest one in his family.
24. I rarely rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I think it's a waste of time, energy, and especially water.
25. People who use bad grammar make me crazy. And another thing: Sisters-in-law. Holes-in-one. Get it right.
26.One of the reasons I look forward to traveling is because I usually get to eat at McDonald's for breakfast. I love sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. Seriously.
27. As much as I imagine I'd like one, I think I'd feel guilty for hiring a cleaning lady.
28. It makes me mad when my husband tries to scare me for fun.
29. I would love to be a carpenter.
30. People who can tap dance absolutely fascinate me.
31. Sundays, besides attending church, are for making desserts.
32. I have lived in a total of 2 states (Arizona and Maryland) and 10 homes in my life. I have owned four of those homes.
33.I have owned a total of 5 vehicles in my life. I think I would get a brand new version of my current one, a red Ford Explorer, the next time I bought a vehicle.
34. My dad has always had a garden, but I never liked tomatoes until halfway through college. I missed out on many, many years of fresh, homegrown tomatoes.
35. I love doing projects with my dad. I still learn something new from him every time he visits me, or when I visit him.
36. I am a better handyman than my husband.
37. Nick is a better painter than I am.
38. I used to be a big fan of roller coasters and "drop" type amusement park rides. Now they kind of make me sick.
39.I hyper-extended my elbow doing cartwheels down a hill when I was little. We were waiting for a play to begin, and my mom still made me sit through the performance (she must have thought I was bluffing since I didn't want to see it). I woke up the next morning and my whole arm was about 3 times its regular size from the swelling.
40. I'm a really good pumpkin carver.
41. I do not like taking a lot of risks.
42. If I were to move to another country, I'd want it to be Australia just so I could pick up the accent, mate.
43. I'm generally a very good speller.
44. I used to fall asleep in sacrament meeting all the time, until I had kids.
45. Many times if I see a sign or logo, I can tell you what font it's printed in.
46.I had back surgery to correct scoliosis the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. I wore a brace for three months. It was the skinniest I've ever been.
47. I hate running out of things, and generally have a very well-stocked pantry. Need 20 cans of evaporated milk? I'm your girl.
48. I covet the legs of all the Rockettes.
49. My throat does this strange clicking sound when I'm laughing uncontrollably.
50. I miss the roller blading and country dancing from my college days.
51. I honestly think my girls are the most beautiful children that ever lived.
52. I think our wedding pictures and albums are awesome. We were gorgeous that day.
53. I want to own a ski boat someday, and spend Saturdays going to lakes with my family. I love waterskiing.
54.I have to have something hot for breakfast every day. Cold cereal, a bagel, yogurt, a banana - - they just don't cut it by themselves. Has to be an egg, oatmeal, even hot cocoa and toast will do. Actually, I hate yogurt.
55.I rarely ever print a picture I haven't fixed up in Photoshop first. I can whiten your teeth and make you thin and blemish-free too.
56. After Allison was born, I sent Nick to go get me dinner at Taco Bell. I hadn't eaten all day, and it's all I wanted.
57. I threw up Taco Bell while in labor at the hospital with Amanda. Hmmm...
58. I still eat at Taco Bell about once a week. Both of my girls love it.
59.If I want something to be functional, I shop at Walmart. If I want something more stylish or want to get a gift, I shop at Target. Functional things are always cheaper at Walmart. Walmart Supercenters are a one-stop dream.
60. I loathe debt. I haven't had a car payment in almost 3 years.
61. Once you go prime rib, you don't go back to other cuts of steak. I love prime rib.
62. I realize I'm writing a lot of things about food. It's lunchtime, and I'm hungry.
63. Nick made fun of me for mispronouncing "Potomac" when we first moved to Maryland.
64.I am not a mall shopper. Somehow you always leave with things that you never thought you needed or intended to buy before you went there.
65. I really like talk radio.
66. I miss snow. It makes everything look so clean and peaceful.
67.I like to live in cities with all of the available stores and restaurants, yet I can't stand crowds or traffic. If only there were a compromise...
68.Football on TV - I'm completely baffled as to how they get that first down line to appear, and how the players run over it, and are not covered by it.It's not on the field, it's not on the screen - - ?? I just don't get it.
69.I try to avoid using the word "stupid". Besides my 3-year-old latching on to it, I think it makes the person saying it sound completely uneducated.
70. I would love it if my girls got into cheerleading.
71. I got straight As in high school. All four years.
72.I scored a 99 percent on my achievement tests one year in elementary school.I was proud. My mother asked me where the other percentage point was.
73. Not really a fan of classical music. It actually makes me nervous.
74. I plucked out all of my eyelashes at one point when I was a kid. Not sure why.
75.I really like the Harry Potter series of books. I'm absolutely irresponsible when I read, though. I don't really shower, take care of my kids, eat or sleep if I'm into a book.
76. I wish I could feel the same way about my scriptures.
77. I hate the look of oak furniture.
78. I've probably only been to 5 or 6 concerts in my life. 3 of them, U2. A band I'd see again? U2.
79.Left-brained or right-brained? I'm not really sure. I think I'm completely equal. I'm not ultra-creative, nor am I ultra-logical.
80. I try to do at least one load of laundry a day in order not to get behind.
81.I'm not a fan of tile roofs and stucco. I miss the brick and siding from Maryland, fall leaves and especially grass that grows on its own.
82.I have scars on my shins and knees from shaving the very first time. I will teach my girls the wonders of an epilady before they get such ideas in their heads.
83. I love flip flops. I was made to live in Arizona where I can wear them year-round.
84. I'm completely freaked out by scorpions. Probably because my mom has been stung several times.
85. I like to sleep pretty much on my stomach. Which makes pregnancy sleep really inconvenient.
86. I like to whistle.
87. My husband and I make each other laugh by purposefully whistling off-tune.
88. My mom makes really, really good green chili. I have not mastered that skill.
89. I'm all about lounge clothes. You'll never catch me in a dress and pantyhose much past 1/2 hour after church on Sundays.
90.Yes, I still think it's most appropriate to wear pantyhose to church. It bothers me when I see women wear flip-flops to church on Sundays.
91. I like watching decorating and remodeling shows on TV. My favorite drama right now is Heroes.
92. The thought of Hillary as president makes me shudder.
93. Scrapbooking is my passion.
94.I think I've struck a good balance in my scrapbook albums between artistry and maintaining the focus on my photos and the story behind them.
94. Re-reading this list makes me realize I use a lot of adverbs.
95. I didn't used to be girly. Now my favorite color is pink and I can't imagine not having painted toenails.
96. Not into a lot of jewelry, but I love that my husband knows what he's doing when he picks out diamonds.
97. I'm a snorer. I think it's become much worse since I've been pregnant. Nick wakes me all the time to tell me so.
98. I handle all the finances in our house.
99. I think my husband is hot.
100. Hugs and kisses from my girls are the best.

9 comments:

Cameron said...

Good list.

#33 - ...next time I BUY a car.

Col said...

I would like to try that Green Chili your mother makes.

Anonymous said...

I love my wife very much. One of my favorite things about her is that even though she has a BA in Journalism, I (with a lowly BS in Supply Chain Management) always manage to improve some aspect of her grammar.

#37 Nick is a better painter than I am.

http://www.wordquery.com/wordqueries.asp?id=3

Carlos said...

Nick, Shellie is right. She has a BA and you are full of BS.

101. Shellie is the pickiest Christmas tree selector I know of.

102. She does not like tile roofs, so she doesn't get our house.

103. She was a cowgirl in High School.

105. She would hate driving a mini-van.

Scrap Happy said...

All true statements.

Aubrey said...

Wait... Shellie's car isn't a minivan?

Scrap Happy said...

Oh you're funny Aubrey. I may be 32 and have 2.7 kids, but I'm still way too cool to drive a minivan.

nurselisa said...

Hey! What the heck is wrong with minivans! I LOVE mine! Heated, self-storing seats, A DVD player, automatic doors AND rear hatch. LOTS and LOTS of space...LOVE IT!

Amberly said...

The things you learn about a person through a blog, makes living down the street completely irrelavant! Thanks for sharing!