Monday, March 05, 2007

If only I had the counter space!


I was shopping around online for non plastic tupperware because of the whole cancer when you microwave them thing, and came across these. Doesnt this look like fun? I love cereal and my kids would love this!

14 comments:

Aubrey said...

For some reason this reminds me of the MTC...

Carlos said...

great Mother's Day gift!

Scrap Happy said...

Oh my goodness, this microwaving plastic thing is totally an urban myth and email hoax that's been going on forever. Google it, but if you still don't believe me, then forward this on to 15 people, and Bill Gates will be sending you a check soon.

Aubrey said...

Did Col write that from Brooke's account?

Cherie said...

We got something like this for Jack's dogfood and he showed no self control and gained 20, ok, closer to 40 pounds.

Courtney said...

Think about when it gets low...do you commit yourself and refill with the same kind of cereal each time, or do you become a mixer like my mom used to do and combine different cereals? No one ever ate the mixed ones.

Cameron said...

This morning I thought I saw Robyn mix Kicks and Cheerios for breakfast. I am not certain she mixed (she could have had two very small portions), so I will let her respond to the allegations...

Aubrey said...

So....

Scrap Happy - Shellie
Quilter Bee - Brooke

Got it.

BTB, my mom was a mixer. That's the kind of thing that can really mess a kid up.

robyn said...

The email going around is hoax, at least the freezing water bottles part. The plastics in the micro is still under going research. Because it varies too much on what is being cooked, for how long, and what kind of plastic, they cannot make a general statement.

P.S. Thank you Shellie for telling Cameron we do not need new tupperware.

P.P.S. I dont usually mix my cereal, in my defense though there was not enough kix to fill the bowl so I added PLAIN cheerios and ate it because I was already 15minutes late this morning.

robyn said...

Here is the link to Johns Hopkings:

http://www.jhsph.edu/PublicHealthNews/articles/Halden_dioxins.html

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

You are a mixer! To say that you are not, is tantamount to B. Clinton's line "I tried marijuana, but didn't inhale".

Consider this posting your intervention. I'll start researching 13-step programs and support groups for the innocent victims - your boys.

Aubrey said...

Pretty harsh comparison. I'm on Robyn's side on this one - there's a big difference between a Kix/Cheerios mix and say Fruit loops and Corn Flakes. Now that's just wrong.

Scrap Happy said...

All this talk of cold cereal makes me want to puke. Which I've done, by the way, every time I've eaten cold cereal since I've been pregnant.

robyn said...

In answer to courtneys question it must be completely empty before refilling. And as for what to put in each side the possibilities are endless. Grown up cereal and kid cereal, or cereal and dehydrated fruit. OOOh I wonder if one could hold milk, but then I would have to keep it in the fridge.