
One can almost taste the ripe ones and feel the juice running down one's chin and onto the shirt. So delicious that those who love them never stop to ponder whether they should save the shirt or dive headlong-in and relish them as they should be relished. Ice cold, stems on and at home where you really don't even have to try to explain. After all, it is strawberry season.
3 comments:
Jacob is in good company. I was up to my elbows this morning in strawberries as well... attempting to make jam. Out of 20 jars, some of them set up and can honestly be called such! Others, though they did seal, should aptly be called "strawberry sauce". It will be perfect, I'm sure, dripping off my birthday cheesecake. Martha Stewart I ain't.
Bring some of that birthday cheesecake over here! Sounds like fun...and yummy.
There was strawberries to be had and he had them. Send some of that good strawberry syrup over and we will have it on our "can-cakes."
Post a Comment