Wednesday, October 04, 2006

In Spanish


I was helping a friend with her preschool on Tuesday and they start their day with the pledge of allegiance. At the end of the pledge Nathan turned to me and said, "I don't know this one, it must be in Spanish". So if any of you could translate the following words into English, Nathan might find it helpful: pledge, allegiance, republic, nation, indivisible (I cant tell if these big words threw him off, or if it is because the pledge tends to be slured into sentences that sound like big long words.)

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

That picture is great. I think you're right about the slurring. The words he probably thought were Spanish are "totheflag", "oftheUnitedStates", "totherepublic" and "forwhichitstands".

Carlos said...

Juro fidelidad a la bandera de los Estados Unidos de America y a la patria que simboliza. Una nacion, sin diviciones, bajo de Dios, con libertad y justicia para todos.

That is how we learned it in High School Spanish.