Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thanks a LOT Callee!

Our middle child turned four today!! Manda's birthday day was not horrible by any standards, but by dinnertime without a nap she was fit to be tied - so I put her in time out, and locked her out in the backyard for a few minutes so Nick and I could eat in peace. Next thing we know, she had found her hidden birthday present (a new bike) out in the shed and was asking Daddy to get it out for her. She thinks Callee (just one of her imaginary friends) got it for her. Sigh. Nice punishment, huh? Now what the heck are we supposed to give her at her party???

7 comments:

Carlos said...

Ourtsmarted by a four year old. Sheesh.

The Dixon Family said...

Man, that girl is Sneaky Sneakerton. You can always do what my parents did when they found out we peeked at Christmas presents. Take them all back and tell us we ruined Christmas that year.

*We still got presents.

robyn said...

I should have had imaginary friends as a kid

the Painters said...

I was gonna freak you all out and write "you're welcome, from Callee" but your darn blog doesn't accept anonymous comments.....smart. It was clever though for Halloween right? Hope you Carters are doing fantastic!

Scrap Happy said...

Robyn, is that because you didn't have any real friends? How sad...

robyn said...

i had friends but none of them ever gave me a bike

Aubrey said...

I read somewhere that children invent imaginary friends because their parents lock them out of the house.