The State Fair season is upon us and it is time for our annual plea to people on this blog. PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE TILT-A-WHIRL this year. There are some definite health hazards in store. First, it is very hard to tell if there has been antiseptic spray to cleanse the riding car--and you do not know if it was done by a certified professional or just the itinerant "sawdust-spreader" that they hire as they come into town.Realistically, we can avoid a lot of problems if we use this practical safety guide:
1. Don't pay good money for the ride.
2. If you do, take lots of anti-biotics.
3. If you are in line, watch out for barfing fair-goers.
4. If the ride is next to the chile dog stand, stand way back.
Enjoy the fair.
7 comments:
Has someone had experience with this ride and possibly been barfed on?
Hey, you should ebay them...those are collectors items now. I must say, I think I have been to the fair every year of my life. I am ok with skipping this year. I want to wait until Landon can really enjoy it.
I have been only once since my mission, but I ended up not going on any rides - luckily?
I don't think I have been since I won that Spuds McKenzie for Courtney. BTB -do you still have that?
No, but the glasses it came with were great. Blue plastic with horizontal slits in the lens area. They made Spuds cool.
That reminds me... who has that green Oakland A's bear? If it's hidden somewhere in our stuff and we don't know about it, I'm going to feel really sheepish.
Robyn says we don't have it. I believe her. I think Nick might have thrown it away (due to ignorance of the bear's true significance). Nick?
They're awards. From Army.
Post a Comment