Friday, August 11, 2006

The Carter Family

You shoulda got 'em whilst they were hot--because now they're not! I just read at azcentral.com that the six Krispy Kreme stores in Arizona closed. Apparently, they went teats-up (that is a movie term, not a disrespectful commentary on my part) and did not have the dough to continue operations. I think it has been years since I had one of these. Oh, they were good, but drippy right down to the elbows with grease. I can only imagine the hole in people's lives when they consider how empty their lives are going to be without these thigh-packers.

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

The craziest thing is they interviewed an employee who said he wasn't given any warning - he just showed up to work this morning and saw a sign that they were closed down. Crazy! I bet it was nice to go home and go back to sleep, though... those doughnut makers start the day EARLY style.

Carlos said...

Half of the people Nick worked with in Cambodian-Oakland were doughnut makers. Donas, I think they are called up in that neck o' the woods.

Cameron said...

If the employee had no idea how bad business was RIGHT before it had to shut its doors, he could not have been a very high level employee...My guess is he just ignored the warning signs - like all yesterday's donuts still there when he showed up to make new ones each day.

robyn said...

I bet all the krispy kream fans are wishing they had eaten more doughnuts the past 7 years to keep them open.