Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Colman!!!

Twenty Six!!

I will never forget the summer of 1980 when Colman was born. This is partly because I had a new baby brother, but mostly because his birth kept me from going camping with Dad and Nick. Nick, however, still got to go (w/ Jonathan Updike), and came back with tales of a witch's cave that was near the campsite. Oh how sad (and jealous) I was...but of course happy that I had a little brother to wrestle and play with.

Well, Colman has turned out to be a good brother and friend to all of us. I guess I am no worse off having missed out on the witch's cave. I have been in plenty of caves since that time (many with Colman), but never found a witch. Mostly it has been just stinky air,dripping water, small spaces, and some salamanders that once surprised the heck out of us.

I think that we should use this opportunity to tell some of the things we like and admire about Colman, and I will start:

1. Colman was always up for a good game of TFB, especially in the winter time.
2. You could count on Colman whenever you wanted to call a baseball card "Trading Session", even if we never actually traded cards. As a note - when we did actually make a trade, Nick always "gypped us" out of our good cards.
3. He has more talent than I do at just about everything except for basketball, but that is only because I am slightly taller than he is.
4. He's Michael. (and Nick is Fredo)
5. Colman can sing a great "Space Oddity". We are looking forward to hearing that one again soon and getting it on video.

Please feel free to continue the list. Happy Birthday Colman!

8 comments:

Carlos said...

Do I feel old or what? My baby boy is 26 today! That is all good news though, because soon he will have grandkids of his own. That could happen in twenty years, but he may not let Addie date that early.
Colman is the master at getting an early birthday present. This year, I fooled him--he isn't getting one at all!!!
He is a talent in a lot of ways. And like his father, if he has not always walked the straight and narrow path, we do cross over it as many times in a day as possible.

Happy Birthday, Colmster.

Tiffany said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Colman! Man if only we had known on Sunday, we could have sang you a special birthday song.

Aubrey said...

He plays a mean banjo.

the Painters said...

I'll never forget when I thought I was IMing Courtney and I said something totally personal and embarrasing and little did I know that it was Colman on the other end I was IMing, not Courtney. He just happened to sign onto Court's IM. I said something like.."Isn't that funny Court?" and HE goes, "What's even funnier is that this is not Court, this is Colman."
Happy Birthday dude.
this is Sarah, by the way.

Aubrey said...

That was hilarious. I was there, too actually and he wasn't going to tell you that it was him but I made him. It was just too funny to pass up.

the Painters said...

Thank you Aubrey

Aubrey said...

That's what I'm here for :)

Col said...

I remember the caves, but I don't remember any salamanders. You might have me confused with someone else.

Thanks for the kind words. It was a wonderful day.