Monday, November 27, 2006

For our Utah buddies....


Can anyone but Valentine explain the final score of the Utah v. BYU game this last weekend? I had the direct dial numbers already to go to my BYU friends. And then this????? Please.

32 comments:

Judson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cameron said...

I would love to see ASU beat BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl...

Courtney said...

Was there supposed to be a highlighted word I could click on or did I need to look up the game myself?

Ingelheim Five said...

Speaking for Valentine: "Yea BYU!"

Aubrey said...

Rise all loyal Cougars and hurl your challenge to the foe.
We will fight, day or night, rain or snow.
Loyal, strong, and true
Wear the white and blue.
While we sing, get set to spring.
Come on Cougars it's up to you.
Oh!Rise and shout, the Cougars are out
along the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out
As you unfold your victr'y story.

On you go to vanquish the foe for Alma Mater's sons and daughters.
As we join in song, in praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.

Aubrey said...

P.S. I took the liberty of adding a graphic and some links.

Aubrey said...

I must warn you to walk softly, Nick. I like to consider myself a sleeping giant.

The only thing standing between me and a hostile takeover is a complete lack of support.

Judson said...

i've decided to name my first born:IHATEBRIGHAMYOUNGUNIVERSITY KEMSLEY.

Aubrey said...

You're not allowed to hate BYU until you've been called into the Honor Code office 3 times and been on Honor Code probation at least once.

No questions, please.

Scrap Happy said...

The Las Vegas Bowl? Couldn't they come up with anything more exciting than that? How about the "Desert Bowl", the "Casino Bowl" , the "Blackjack Bowl" , the "Craps Bowl" (Or is that one implied already??)

Courtney said...

Lack of support Aubrey? You have support from all 8 voters that voted for the red blog. Come out from hiding Master Aubrey...we need our blog back!

Aubrey said...

I wasn't sure those 8 would support a hostile takeover. Now that I have positive confirmation to that effect, let the plotting begin!

Courtney said...

Suspended Schmuspended.

the Painters said...

Is it too late for me to vote for #3 Court? j/k

Cameron said...

I think the current colors are nice and Christmasish. For those of us in the current regime, it has been great while it lastes...

I don't hate byu, but that doesn't mean I have to support their football team. Alas, BYU will play Oregon in the Vegas Bowl, not ASU. We will have to wait until 2008 for the head to head match up.

ASU is going to the Hawaii Bowl. Anyone up for going?

Courtney said...

You payin?

Ingelheim Five said...

Okay, first, Kemsley will never stick with a first name like that Jud. Better go with John Paul the second or something. 2nd, Cam and Nick, stay the course!! Third, Aubrey, we need to hear your honor code violation stories if you plan to be an effective dictator and 4th, I think we have the Kemsley timeshare in Wakiki for 2007...too bad BYU isn't playing there...HA!!

Scrap Happy said...

We could name our baby "Kem" - would that qualify us to mooch off the Kemsleys? That would be much simpler than changing everyone's last name...

Aubrey said...

Kem definitely sounds like a boy's name. I knew you want a boy. You can't fool me.

Cherie said...

Helloooo, stories of honor code at
BYU? i could write a book ie., living with Terry Richez for 4 months there, living with Sherry Hooker while she was selling drugs out of our closet...i could go on. But somehow even graduating from the Y is not enough to be a fan and paying for my 3rd child to graduate from the U makes me a big U fan. Wow, this is an epistle...

Courtney said...

Sherry Hooker....her name says it all.

Aubrey said...

I do appreciate "us" for shedding a little light on how easy it is to get called into the honor code office. My violations were for things like letting a boy use our bathroom, not strictly observing the midnight curfew, and preferring red jello over green jello.

Col said...

At least you didn't live with Terry Richez!

Wait, is Terry Richez a boy or a girl?

Cherie said...

A GIRL from Coronado who found her husband with another woman while i was home for Christmas break and followed me back up.. let's just say smoking in our BYU approved apartment was the least of her infractions...

Carlos said...

Back in those days, it was really easy to get into BYU. I went there for one year and they busted me for several crimes against humanity.

1. I wore Levi's to Sunday dinner at the dorms. (I told them that at least I had pants on)

2. I did not attend all the devotionals and forums. I also did not TELL them that I did-when I didn't.

3. I never could understand how a guy could get kicked out for having a beard, but not for commiting adultry.

But enough of that. It is a good school. None of that stuff happens any more.

Cameron said...

Is 30 comments a record for our blog?

Judson said...

32.

Aubrey said...

We actually broke the record at 26. And who do you think left comment #26?

Cameron said...

Was it me? Do I win a prize?!

Aubrey said...

Any and all prizes awarded will be at the complete determination and discretion of Nick, current Imperial Commander.

Ingelheim Five said...

Yea for being out of town for 2 days and ending up NUMBER 38!! I win!! Nick, you could go with Sley. Now that's an original name!!

Aubrey said...

39