However, I do believe it was Nick that said "The pilgrims are dead. In fact, they've been dead for a long time. We just need to accept that, get over it and move on."
And so, along with the rest of the country, we will forget the pilgrims at midnight on Thanksgiving and move on to Christmas.
So on that note, the official tally was 8 votes for #3, making it the reigning champion. Hopefully no toes were stepped on or fingers broken. I did learn a few things, like democracy is fun to try once, but I think we'll stick with tyranny from here on out.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I have a secret. I'm spilling the beans. Courtney emailed me to vote for #3. I just got the email so it was too late but you should all know that Courtney was baking cookies for anyone that would vote for #3.
I have found that with my 3-D halogram glasses, I can just about make out your Christmas blog. We will all probably suffer irreparable eye damage, but the blog is so compelling, we can't give it up. Carry on...
There will always be one party that has to cheat, buy votes, and use all sorts of underhanded tactics to win and thereby disenfranchise the true and honest majority. In most cases, it is the same party who advocates a $1M lottery for everyone who votes, in this case it looks like it was some secret combination that established #3 as the blog colors.
BTB, Robyn is boycotting the blog until December 1, in protest of the poor treatment of our pilgrim heritage.
Hey. My underhanded tactics didn't work. She didn't vote. Therefore, it is an honest win.
Cameron is boycotting posts to the blog until the votes are re-counted and certified.
I have been ousted by Nick's military coup. Democracy is not easily replaced by tyranny it seems. Do not fret, ye loyal minions, I am in hiding until such time as I can regain power and overthrow this ugly revolt.
Nothing says Christmas like a politcal uprising. Actually, it is the new blog colors that say CHRISTMAS!
Si se puede!
Courtney is boycotting comments until the revolution is over. Can't we all just get along?
Post a Comment